Running a restaurant isn’t like other businesses. It comes with unique challenges and requires more than just a great product—you need a team that works together seamlessly, from the back of house to your front of house. Fortunately for you, payment technology can help. While terminals can be great for speed and ease of use, a more advanced POS system can help streamline your business, helping with everything from staff efficiency to inventory to customer service. Here are just a few ways how.
Back end operations
You may think of your payment system as part of the front of your restaurant, but it can be a great help in back end operations such as inventory management. ·
- Set low stock alerts and automatically create purchase orders to replenish
- Keep stock at ideal levels at all times
- Track shipments
Front End Operations
The right POS system will help streamline your front of store operations by helping manage your menus and waitstaff.
- Use visual floor plans and table management to seat guests faster and assign and transfer tables
- Build your menu right in the system
- Set menus for online and offline customers or for different subgroups
- Integrate happy hour pricing to help your wait and bar staff pay attention to customers instead
The service your customers receive is one of the most important parts of a successful restaurant, which
is why many POS systems contain features that directly impact the customer experience.
- Check and item splitting and tip pooling help your servers provide a more convenient experience
for the customer
- Mobile payments for increased payment flexibility as well as the option to order ahead
- Input orders and finalize the bill at the customer’s table
- A rewards system to increase the customer experience and incentivize repeat business
Advanced POS systems can track your sales and compile the information into reports that you can use to
grow your business.
- Use real-time metrics and historical data to identify trends and better understand your
- Identify peak times of business and best-selling items
- Separate anomalies and plan future operations based on real business data
- Optimize your workforce to ensure your restaurant has the coverage it needs
Merchant Service Group LLC supports numerous POS systems including Paysafe POS, Clover, Revel, and Aldelo. With our in-house technical expertise, we can help choose the optimal set up for your business along with payment solutions that integrate seamlessly into these systems. We offer easy boarding, free software upgrades, and 24/7 support.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com